Do we need to focus?
In our western culture, we are indoctrinated that focus is desired or necessary – at all times. Well, sometimes focus is important – such as when we’re driving a car…
But, in other areas of our lives, it’s our ability to avert our focus and thinking – even for one second – that gets us to neutrality, insight and real answers.
focus is the anchor
that prevents a situation or problem from changing
The notion that focus (a.k.a mindfulness) is necessary to get insights or results is the unconscious imprint for many. It’s really the collective experience of misinterpretation that drives our thoughts or beliefs about focus.
The Fear of Not Focusing
A common collective belief is; if we don’t focus – we will miss something (an opportunity, etc), right? The thought that we need to struggle or focus – actually manifests / creates the constant struggle – and is what keeps us stuck. When we look at these ideas about focus energetically, the “fear of missing a step” – doesn’t come up for most. (i.e. “there’s no weakness there“)
The need to focus is a very conventional idea ; that somehow the only way to get an insight or learn / achieve a result – is by using our mind to focus – in the old struggling – step-by-step .. way.
And, of course, skipping or missing a step – well, most likely this never leads to a good outcome…
How do we know we think this way? Count how many of these negative, self-limiting idioms we’ve used:
- gotta get my “ducks in a row” (wait until infrequent occurrence; the planets align – everything’s perfect)
- one step at a time, take baby steps (tread slowly – missing a step is bad, skipping a step is worse)
- little by little (progress is always gradual – never immediate)
- keep “in step” (stay with the crowd, conventional thinking – can’t go ahead, go faster, get (new) answers on our own)
- one step forward, two steps back (why not 2 steps forward, no steps back?)
- go back to square one (punishment is associated with missing a step)
Speaking of steps, we “step” with our feet. It’s no wonder so many have blocked energy and problems in their feet. Many of us put our (energetic) concepts and limitations related to feet – in our feet.
So, what’s really bothering us?
We may think lack of focus is the problem. But, intuitively, the energy doesn’t indicate this, so what could it be?
- easy experiences (struggle, belief that difficult is the only path to something useful)
- collective negative judgment of “scatter brain“ (lacking focus judged unproductive, unconventional, fickle, lazy)
- people focussing ON US weakens us
- anything unconventional is “out of step”, must be wrong (strong herd mentality/ collective influence)
- trying (to focus) brings up all our trying experiences – and trying is linked to failing more than success.
We need to be MORE scatter-brained to get answers. Answers are everywhere and everywhen – and we can’t find them if we just focus in one spot – in one time (e.g. the present) or one event or story (e.g. when I moved that chair)
Also, this work we do checking energy – with Yuen Method® and The Power of Neutrality® – is NOT CONVENTIONAL – be neutral with that.
Our modern western culture posits the bogus claim
that we cannot gain answers or results …
without struggle – and focus
Scatter brain means… if what we think the problem is – doesn’t test weak – energetically – we move on immediately to something, somewhere or somewhen else – to the next thing – to get an insight. We extend our “catchers mitt”; NEUTRAL and NOT focused – and the insight comes to us.
The No Focus, No Effort Scatter-Brain
There’s no effort needed to be scatter brain – and it’s more fun … and we get answers. Conversely, there’s a LOT OF EFFORT involved in focus – and endless questions – but no answers. Google’s cache is full of answers to these endless questions – and none apply to us.
Focus Not – in the Present
The present is the anchor that keeps things from changing; and the anchor is always rooted in the past, never in the future.
For real change to occur, we need these 4 things:
- not to focus in the present moment at all
- delete all the effects of the past that weaken our energy
- strengthen ourselves to the future
- be neutral and playfully wonder / be surprised about what could happen in the next moment
When we’ve done these things, we have in effect – plowed a path to the future with neutrality – free from negative (or positive) anticipation from ourselves or from others affecting us.
With neutrality, we will feel less weight moment to moment. We have fewer limitations or walls blocking us in the future, and no anchors inhibiting us from moving forward, or holding us down from the past.
Neutrality into the Future
With less focus, new possibilities can manifest in our daily life. We can be more neutral in every single aspect – and interrelating aspects of our lives (relationships, money, purpose, time/aging, health).
Prepare to be surprised when new things manifest that we might not at first associate with our newfound neutrality and less focus.
Getting insights that manifest real change should not take effort or focus. Let’s [DELETE] that thinking right now… so we can catch the next curve ball the universe throws us…